Dating royal doulton vases
The factory building was demolished in 1978 and the friezes transferred to the Victoria & Albert Museum.
Most probably the mark was applied at the time of decoration when each piece would have been handled individually to apply the painted or transfer printed pattern. The well recognised ‘standard’ Doulton mark or backstamp is that including the ‘lion, crown and roundel’ introduced in 1901 and used in various forms to the 1990s.
From 1901 to 1922 the standard mark appears with the words ‘Royal Doulton’ and ‘England’.
The company added products during the first half of the 20th century while manufacturing fashionable and high-quality bone china. The Lambeth factory closed in 1956 due to clean air regulations preventing urban production of salt glaze.
The headquarters building and factory of the Royal Doulton ceramics firm were in Lambeth, on the south bank of the Thames. Following closure, work was transferred to The Potteries.
Modern shapes, fresh colours, and expert craftsmanship come together in our striking collection of vases.
Display beautifully bright blooms in one of our featured vases or give as an impressive gift to lift any room.
Royal Doulton Tableware Ltd was a subsidiary of Doulton & Co. On 30 September 2005, the Nile Street factory closed.
Ltd, itself a subsidiary of the Pearson Group Doulton & Co. Royal Doulton Ltd., along with other Waterford Wedgwood companies, went into administration on 5 January 2009.
Royal Doulton is now part of WWRD Holdings Limited.Tags: Adult Dating, affair dating, sex dating